- 1 cup honey
- 5 tbsp fresh ginger grated (can use ground ginger if you don't have fresh)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 2 lemons zested
- pinch ground pepper
- In a small bowl or jar, add all ingredients and stir well until combined. You could even use a mortar and pestle to really grind the ginger.
- Taste and add more of any flavor you prefer. Keep in mind, this will be diluted so you want a strong flavor.
- When ready to enjoy, simply add a few teaspoons into a mug of piping hot water. Whisk well or use a handheld frother. Alternatively, you could slather this medicinal spread onto a toasty piece of bread, drizzle some in tea or lick it straight off a spoon.
- Store the mixture in a tightly sealed container or jar with a lid in the fridge.
Low on energy? Think you're getting sick? Already sick?? Well keep this jar of magic on hand, because it is the ultimate pick-me-up to get through cold, slow days.