- 4 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, divided
- 4 organic eggs beaten
- 4 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extraction*
- 1 tsp raw honey*
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a cupcake pan or ramekins (approximately 3” round ramekins work well), melt 1⁄2 tbsp oil or ghee into each each mold/ ramekin.
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl very briskly until clump free (see Notes below). Pour batter into cupcake pan or ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 13 to 16 minutes, until the middle is firm. Remove when finished and turn oven to broil.
- Take a small, sharp knife and slide around to loosen edges, then remove, and let cool for a few minutes. Cut in half sideways.
- In a medium pan or microwave, melt the remaining oil or ghee. Brush muffins and lightly toast them under broiler. This step makes them extra delicious so don’t skip it!
*If you're using your English muffins for a savory dish, you can omit the vanilla and honey.