Fig Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- ½ large banana mashed
- maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup dried figs chopped (you can really use any dried, unsweetened fruit)
- ½ cup raw walnuts chopped (or try pecans, pistachios, or another nut)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 1-2 cupcake/ muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine oats, almond meal, sesame seeds, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, then add in the milk and whisk until well combined. Add mashed banana and maple syrup or honey and stir. Finally, add in the coconut oil and stir until well combined. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined - do not over mix.
- Stir in the dried fruit + nuts and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Scoop the batter into the muffin liners and fill up until just over halfway.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool then eat! Store in the fridge.
We love topping these muffins with a little nut butter. Mmmm! Makes: 12 muffins