Fish Tacos with Mango + Avocado Salsa
- 4 halibut or mahi-mahi fillets (6 oz. each)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice divided
- ½ tsp sea salt + additional for fish
- 1 avocado ripe, diced
- 1 mango ripe, diced
- ½ red onion small, diced
- ½ jalapeno seeded and minced
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro diced
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 lime wedges
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
- Place fish fillets in a baking dish. Drizzle 2 tbsp each of olive oil and lime juice over the fillets and season fish with salt. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, in a large mixing bowl, gently combine the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, basil, remaining olive oil and lime juice. Add cumin, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
- Brush grill rack with melted coconut oil (you could alternatively cook the fish in a cast iron pan over the grill). Grill fish until just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates and break fillets up a bit, serving on corn tortillas. Spoon salsa over fish and squeeze a lime wedge over each. Serve warm and enjoy!