Fresh Start Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup dark leafy greens of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 banana peeled and frozen
- 1 zucchini cut into 2" chunks, frozen
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- goji berries
- cacao nibs
- baked coconut
- Blend greens, milk, and water until well blended. Add the banana, zucchini, chia seeds, almond butter, spirulina, and cinnamon and blend until smooth. Add additional water if needed to thin, though you’ll enjoy the smoothie bowl a bit on the thicker side!
- If using protein powder, add at the very end (you don’t want to overblend protein powder).
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with your favorite toppings. Alternatively, you can have this as a good ol’ fashioned smoothie!
Pro tip: using frozen zucchini chunks makes your smoothie creamy just like banana would, but with less sugar. It’s a fantastic replacement for those watching their sugar and carbohydrate intake. The spirulina in this smoothie bowl makes it a beautiful blue all while giving your immune system a serious boost.