- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee + extra for greasing pan
- ½ white onion peeled and finely diced
- 1 bell pepper any color, seeded and diced small
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach or other favorite green
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 8 organic eggs
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease the muffin tins with coconut oil or ghee.
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil or ghee to a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions and peppers until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute. Finally, add greens and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat, then mix in basil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, coconut flour, salt and pepper until frothy - an immersion blender helps makes an extra creamy texture. Add in the veggie mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the frittata batter into the muffin tins then top with the cherry tomatoes. Bake for 18-20 minutes, turning the tray halfway through. Let them cool slightly in pan then transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Makes: 12 muffins