Gingerbread Cake Bites
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar divided
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- dash ground cloves
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oat flour, coconut flour, 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, the remaining spices, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the nut butter with the molasses and mix until well combined. Only heat until the molasses is easily incorporated.
- Slowly pour the almond butter mixture into the dry mixture and mix well to combine. Only add one half of the milk - you want the mixture to be firm enough to roll, so see how the texture is after that. Depending on the consistency, only add more milk or if needed.
- Lightly wet your hands and use them to form into small bite sized balls.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon mixture and place on a baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
Make ahead tip: These store well in the refrigerator for 7-9 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Keep them in a plastic baggie or sealed container.