- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (1/2 of a 13.5-ounce can)
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, warm the coconut oil over med-high heat. Add the onions & broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the kale and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt and chili powder until fragrant (approx 3 minutes).
- Add coconut milk and bring to simmer. Carve out a small space for each egg and carefully crack into each hole, spacing evenly. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the egg whites solidify and the yolks are cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately.
*Inspired by a recipe in 'What the Heck Should I Cook?' by Mark Hyman, MD