Hazelnut Goji Truffles
- 1 cup hazelnuts dry roasted, unsalted
- 12 medjool dates pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- sea salt
- ¼ cup dried goji berries or coconut shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the hazelnuts into a food processor and pulse until they are a nice consistency.
- While the food processor is running, add in the dates one at a time. Slowly add the coconut oil, then add in the cacao, cinnamon, and salt and pulse until everything is combined.
- The mixture should be slightly sticky but holding together. Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Clean food processor.
- Place the dried goji berries in the clean food processor and pulse until they are a nice consistency. Place the goji crumble on a plate. Wet your hands slightly with water and form the truffles between your hands by rolling them between your palms. They should be slightly smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Roll the truffles in the goji berry crumble. Let firm up in the freezer. Store in the fridge or freezer.
There's a lot of healthy "ball" recipes floating around [insert joke here] but real talk: these are easily our favorite. The hazelnut, the cocoa...they are indulgent and an incredible snack/ sweet treat to keep on hand.