Herb Roasted Grain Bowl
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 5 sprigs thyme (leaves only)
- 5 sprigs rosemary (leaves only)
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package organic firm tofu or extra firm tofu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed into small florets
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the juice, zest, red pepper, herbs, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend until combined.
- In a bowl, gently toss the tofu with about a third of the herb mixture. Place the tofu on one side of the baking sheet. Toss the cauliflower in another third of the herb mixture and place alongside the tofu.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then turn the tofu cubes and stir the cauliflower and roast for another 10 minutes. When finished, remove from oven and add the tofu and cauliflower a large bowl with the cooked quinoa (reheat if you’re using leftovers/ cooked earlier). Stir in the arugula and the additional herb mixture until everything is well coated.
We love using this tofu recipe for just about anything! It’s acts like our “go-to tofu.” Not a tofu fan? Use this marinade with chicken, shrimp or tempeh! Make ahead tip: Make the tofu and/or quinoa in advance and simply reheat and mix in the arugula when ready to serve!