Kale + Sweet Potato Brown Rice Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups kale
- ½ cup chickpeas cooked
- 1 large sweet potato
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- water to thin
- Chop sweet potato into ¼ inch chunks, drizzle with 1 tsp of oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions while sweet potatoes are roasting.
- Prepare kale by washing, de-stemming and chopping. Then steam in a steamer basket for 3-5 mins or until tender. You can blanch or sauté the kale if you'd rather.
- Make peanut sauce by blending the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, vinegar, tamari, syrup, and cayenne in a blender until smooth. Add water to thin sauce and create desired consistency.
- Once all ingredients are prepped, grab two bowls and evenly distribute brown rice, kale, chickpeas and sweet potato chunks between both.
- Drizzle each with as much peanut sauce as you'd like. Serve warm or at room temp.
Crazy delicious vegan brown rice bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, kale and chickpeas all coated in a savory peanut sauce. Special shout out to Eating Bird Food for this amazing recipe!