- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil , melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups oat flour , gluten-free if desired*
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats , gluten-free if desired
- ¼ cup brewer's yeast** (get the debittered kind if possible)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips , dairy-free if desired
- 1 banana , ripe
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flaxseed meal and water; let it sit for 5 minutes while you get all your other ingredients ready.
- After 5 minutes the ‘flaxegg’ will be ready and you can add in the coconut sugar, melted and cooled coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the bowl; whisk together until smooth and well combined. Smash banana and add to wet ingredients.
- Next add in the oat flour, rolled oats, brewer’s yeast, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and place dough on a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. You should get about 20 cookies. If you want thicker cookies, leave as is. If you want slightly thinner cookies, very gently push ONLY the top of the cookie down a bit.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges are just slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will help them settle up, harden, and hold together. Makes 20 cookies. The cookies freeze well so make a double batch!
Makes 20 cookies