Lemon Almond Macaroon
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 4 organic egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Whip the whites until they are slightly stiff, about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer. Gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- Drop 2 tablespoon mounds of the mixture onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them a few inches apart . Bake, turning the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
These lemon zest-y cookies hit the spot and they’re also packed with healthy fats to keep you feeling satisfied! Make ahead tip: These last well in a sealed container for 3-4 days (if they last that long!). You can also store in the fridge or freezer for longer. Makes 24 cookies