Lemon Mint Quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds slivered
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- Cook the quinoa or if precooked, skip ahead to step two. Be sure to rinse quinoa in a mesh colander before cooking to avoid a bitter taste. The ratio is one part quinoa to two parts liquid. Bring water and a dash of salt to a boil. Whisk in grains. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, rice vinegar, and honey.
- Once the quinoa has cooled down a bit, add the lemon dressing, mint, blueberries (thaw under warm water if they are frozen), almonds and flax seeds.
- Serve in bowls and top with a drizzle of honey. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
Quinoa - it’s not just for dinner. This recipe is refreshing, simple and delicious. We love making a big batch of grains, especially quinoa, and using it over the week for morning grain bowls. This is simple and easy to throw together once you have the quinoa cooked, so make a big batch ahead of time and keep in the fridge or freezer. Throwing these toppings together will take no time at all!