Lemon Poppyseed Bread
- coconut oil for greasing
- 2 1⁄2 cups oat flour (from gluten-free rolled oats)
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk ,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 lemons zest of
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Create your own oat flour by simply blending or processing approximately 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats. Process until there are no clumps. Measure out 2 1⁄2 cups and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oat flour, baking powder, palm sugar, zest, poppy seeds and sea salt. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and place on the center rack in the oven. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool completely on a wire rack before digging in. We love this served with a drizzle of honey or a little nut butter.
Simple, delicious and hits the “carb” spot. This lemon-y load is packed with fiber and protein to help carry you through to lunch. Make ahead tip: Make the batter in advance and freeze it until you’re ready to use!