Lemon Rosemary Chicken – Slow Cooker
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4-5 lbs whole chicken rinsed and patted dry, giblets removed
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, olives, olive oil, salt, and pepper together until they create a coarse paste.
- Use your fingers to gently loosen the skin covering the breasts and thighs of the chicken. Place half of the paste under the skin, directly on the breast and thigh meat, distributing paste evenly. Spread the entire exterior surface of the chicken with the remaining paste and place the chicken, breast-side down, in the slow cooker.
- Add one lemon half and one rosemary sprig inside the chicken cavity. Thinly slice the remaining lemon half, placing the slices on top of chicken, as well as remaining rosemary sprigs.
- Cover and cook until the breast registers 160°F and thighs register 175°F, about 4 hours on low setting of your slow cooker.
- Turn the broiler on high. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet, then broil for 8 minutes to achieve crispy skin.
- Transfer the chicken to a carving board, tent with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Carve chicken, discarding skin if desired.
A spin on the classic roast chicken - this slow cooker version is low stress and absolutely packed with flavor. The olives add extra flavor, while the slow cooker retains all the juiciness of the bird. Make ahead tip: Have a side ready to go, pop this in the slow cooker and you’ll have your meal ready! Lasts in the fridge for 4-5 days and freezes beautifully.