Lemongrass Chicken Curry
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 stalks lemongrass outer leaves removed and chopped
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 8 organic chicken thighs boneless, skinless, halved
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced and zested
- 1 mango peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves lightly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cup brown rice or wild rice
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and stir until well incorporated, cooking for about one minute.
- Add the lemongrass and ginger, cooking for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken thighs, browning on each side for 2 minutes, then add in your coconut milk, lime juice, and zest. Cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the chopped mango and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls, adding fresh herbs and serving over hot rice.
Make ahead tip: You can make both the curry and grains in advance, simply keep them separate and reheat when ready to serve. Lasts well in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for two months.