Lemongrass + Coconut Chicken – Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs organic chicken thighs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1“ pieces
- 1 yellow onion large, chopped
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass papery outer skins and rough bottom removed
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated, about 2 inch knob
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken and the chopped onion into the slow cooker.
- Blend the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, tamari or coconut aminos, and five spice powder into a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and onion and set the slow cooker on low, cooking for about 4-5 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!
Oh, hello flavor. This is something new and unique to bring to the ‘favorites’ lineup. Not used to using lemongrass? Don’t fret, it couldn’t be easier to incorporate, and is available at most supermarkets these days. Make ahead tip: this will last great in the fridge for 3-4 days, reheat thoroughly when ready to serve. We love this over cauliflower or basmati rice.