Lentil + Quinoa Chili – Slow Cooker
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups broth
- 1 large yellow or white onion diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and cubed
- 4 medium carrots scrubbed and sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 ½ cups green lentils
- sea salt to taste
- Add all the spices, tomatoes, and broth to the slow cooker and whisk well. Add in the remaining ingredients (except for salt) and stir until well combined. Make sure to use green lentils. Red and brown lentils will turn to mush!
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
We take chili pretty seriously at Prescribe Nutrition. It’s a meal everyone can enjoy, no matter your dietary preference. Think vegetarian chili isn’t flavorful? Think again. Make ahead tip: This stores great in the fridge for 4-5 days and freezes very well.