Maple Almond Butter
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tbsp coconut oil melted (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the almonds with the maple syrup until well coated. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 12-14 minutes, stirring a few times. Keep an eye they don’t burn! When completed, remove from oven and let cool only slightly - you want them to remain warm when you process.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process for at least 12 minutes (yes that long!) and up to 16 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. The texture should be very buttery. If it is not as smooth as you want, try adding the melted coconut oil and processing for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the salt and cinnamon and process again until combined.
Yes, you have to roast the almonds. Yes you have to process for 12-16 minutes. YES it is so worth it. This recipe is super simple and you will be so happy to have it on hand. Make ahead tip: Make a double batch of this for the week or two ahead! Keep it in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to three weeks.