Meatballs with Cilantro Chive Sauce
- 1 ½ lbs organic ground lamb or bison
- 4 green onions sliced thin, green part only
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 bunch chives chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the ground meat, green onions, spices, salt and lemon zest in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Form 25-30 meatballs, about 1 ½ inch diameter each. Bake for 20- 25 minutes.
- While the meatball are cooking, combine the chives, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute. If you need a thinner consistency, add a little water to thin out.
- Enjoy meatballs drizzled with herb sauce either as an appetizer served with toothpicks or as an entree served with a side of veggies or over spaghetti squash noodles.
Make ahead tip: You can make the meat mixture and form meatballs in advance, then cook when ready to serve! Best enjoyed hot and fresh.