Mediterranean Chickpea Pancakes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and place a large cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk in one cup of the water and two tablespoons of the olive oil and allow batter to sit for about ten minutes. It should be the consistency of pancake batter, thick but pourable. Only if it is too thick will you add the remaining water.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and coat the pan with the additional tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until it’s golden on top.
- Brush the top of the pancake with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and broil until it’s browning on top. Cut into large wedges and serve with a spread of toppings for the kids to create their own mini wraps.
Get creative with this recipe! Create an assembly line for your kiddos to build their own meal - use these pancakes as the base.