Meyer Lemon Bars
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1 organic egg white (save yolk)
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 organic eggs (yolks only)
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemons zested
- 1⁄3 cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make crust: In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Once it’s completely melted, add the maple syrup, shredded coconut, almond flour and salt. Mix until well combined and remove from the heat. Add the egg white and stir.
- Pat the crust mixture onto the bottom of the loaf pan and firmly press down. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While crust is cooking, beat the eggs and yolks in a large bowl with an electric mixer or whisk with hand; beat until frothy. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, zest, and almond flour and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 20 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and let the bars cool completely before cutting. Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
An upgraded classic! We love the tartness of the lemon with the light texture the egg whites provide. Bring these to stay on track when you’ve got a shower or a party. Make ahead tip: These last well in a sealed container for up to 4 days.