Moroccan Chicken – Slow Cooker
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken thighs bone-in
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup organic chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup golden raisins
- quinoa or cauliflower rice, cooked
- sliced almonds chopped
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (through olive oil) together in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Rub mixture thoroughly into each of the chicken thighs. Get your hands dirty!
- Scatter the onions over the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the chicken thighs evenly over them. Distribute diced sweet potatoes and golden raisins over the chicken. Pour the chicken broth around the edges of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the lowest setting for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the raisins are plump. Serve over your favorite grain or cauliflower rice/ side, sprinkled with almonds.
We use the slow cooker year round. Why? It turns basic ingredients into flavorful, comforting meals. This dish is super simple and utilizes items you may already have on hand!