- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt + extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- freshly ground black pepper
- sesame seeds and/ or poppy seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Add sunflower seeds, tapioca flour, chia seeds, salt and baking powder in a food processor and process until you have a coarse flour (at least two minutes).
- While the processor is on, slowly add the warm water and apple cider vinegar until the dough starts to come together, forming a ball.
- Spread a large piece of parchment on the counter and place the dough on top. Place another piece of parchment on top and roll out until it it’s 1/8 to 1/16 inch thick.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to divide the dough evenly into long strips or rectangles.
- Prick crackers several times with a fork and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame and/ or poppy seeds. Then place parchment on top again and roll once again.
- Remove the top parchment and transfer the rolled dough on the bottom parchment to a baking sheet. Bake until crackers turn a golden color around the edges (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet.
Are they as convenient as other crackers? No. Will you be happy you made them? Undoubtedly. These will last in a sealed container for up to a week.