Nicoise Rainbow Salad
- 4 beets or golden beets
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 cups haricot verts blanched
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1⁄2 cup black kalamata olives
- 8 radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 anchovies (packed in olive oil), rinsed and drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 cans albacore tuna drained (packed in olive oil or water is fine)
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves loosely packed, chopped into thin ribbons
- Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette (see Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette recipe)
- Boil beets until tender, with skins on, about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the beets. Drain and run cold water over them - the skins will slip right off! Make sure you wear kitchen gloves so your hands don’t turn red.
- Place arugula in a large bowl or on a large platter.
- Arrange all ingredients in separate rows on top of arugula. Sprinkle basil ribbons over entire salad.
- Drizzle dressing over all ingredients, season with plenty of freshly ground pepper, and serve.