No-Bake Fruit Crumble Bars
Serves: 16 1-inch bars
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing
10 dried apricots
1⁄4 cup almond butter or other nut butter
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten-free oat flour*
1 cup dried strawberries, no sugar added (or cherries work great here too)
1⁄4 cup water
1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
*Just blend 1 cup of oats in a blender or food processor to make this if you don’t have! Measure 3⁄4 cup from the blended oats.
1. Grease an 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil.
2. To make the crumble, place the apricots in a food processor and pulse until completely chopped. Add the coconut oil and almond butter and process again until well incorporated. 3. Add in the almond meal and oat flour and pulse until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed. It should be crumbly.
4. Remove the crumble mixture and set aside in a bowl.
5. Add the dried strawberries into your food processor and pulse until completely chopped. 6. Add the water and process until the mixture is completely combined.
7. Press 2⁄3 of the crumble mixture into the pan, patting down so it’s evenly distributed. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the top, evenly spreading with the back of a spoon.
8. Add the coconut sugar into the bowl with the remaining crumble, mix to combine.
Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly atop the fruit layer. Place the pan into freezer for about an hour to firm up. Cut into bars.
Make ahead tip: These store well in the refrigerator for 6-7 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Store in individual baggies for easy on the go snacks or sweet treats!