Oat Flax Muffins
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 banana ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend 1 cup of the oats into an oat flour and put them in a large bowl. Add the remaining oats, chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, add the milk, maple syrup, nut butter, banana, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Add to lined muffin pan and bake for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Who needs bran cereal when you can have these? Oats and flax are both great for digestive health (and regularity). These muffins are packed with protein and anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids. Make ahead tip: Make in advance and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for months. Make the muffins early in the week and keep wrapped in foil for up to 1 week. Makes: 12 muffins