Orange Poppyseed Scone
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 organic eggs whisked
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 orange juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond extract, orange juice and zest.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined with no clumps (but don’t over-mix). Fold in the poppyseeds.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes - 1 hour, this is important so the cookies will rise. Remove from fridge and use a big spoon to drop cookie batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20- 22 minutes minutes, or until the cookies have slightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
These are easy to whip up and a hit for anyone who likes citrus-y treats. They’re delicious with a cup of tea to end your day. Make ahead tip: These store well in a sealed container for a week or in the freezer for months. Makes: 8 cookies