Orange You Glad You’re Not Sick Smoothie
- 1 medium sweet potato roasted
- ½ banana sliced and frozen
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or chia seeds
- ½ orange peeled
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Blend all ingredients except for the ice until well blended and creamy. Add additional milk or water if needed to thin to your desired consistency.
- Add ice to make it colder. Note: ice will thicken the smoothie.
- If using protein powder°, add at the very end (you don’t want to overblend protein powder).
Make ahead tip: Use a leftover baked sweet potato or bake your potato ahead of time. Simply roast the potato for 30-35 minutes at 400°F and let cool in the refrigerator.