Overnight Buckwheat Porridge
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut or hemp milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- pinch sea salt
- unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1 cup fresh berries your choice
- 1 banana sliced
- Place the soaked buckwheat groats in a food processor and pulse a few times to break down.
- Add the non-dairy milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, flax, almond butter, and salt, and process until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Pulse in the coconut. Divide porridge into four bowls and serve, topped with fresh berries and sliced bananas. Delicious served cold in the summer or heated up in the winter; stores well in the fridge!