- 1 ½ cups pecans plus 12 whole pecans for tops of the cookies
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Toast the pecans and walnuts on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Pulse the toasted nuts (except the 12 whole pecans for the top) and the remaining ingredients in a food processor or a high speed blender until the dough just comes together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the cookie dough in heaping tablespoons on the baking sheet. Press a pecan on each of the cookies and atten a bit (the cookies won’t spread too much).
- Bake 350° F for 12-15 minutes, checking so they don’t burn. Cool slightly and enjoy!
Make ahead tip: These are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 1 month.