PN “Chewy” Bars
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds sliced
- ⅓ cup pistachios shelled
- ⅔ cup cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8 inch square pan with two strips parchment paper, overlapping each other in each direction.
- Briefly pulse the oats in the food processor or blender to break them up. You don’t want to turn them into a our, just break them down slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oats, almonds, pistachios, cocoa nibs and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix the almond butter, honey and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until everything is well coated.
- Scoop the mixture into the 8 inch pan. Pack the mixture down as firmly and evenly as possible using the back of a spatula
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for one hour or more. Remove the mixture by lifting the parchment paper, then slice into bars with a sharp knife.
Make ahead tip: These bars keep well wrapped airtight at room temperature, but we recommend storing individual bars in a freezer-safe bag in the fridge or freezer for freshest flavor! YUM. Makes: 10 bars