Pre-Cooked Grain Bowl
- brown rice (pre-cooked) Trader Joe's or Whole Foods
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 carton mushrooms sliced
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to instructions in the microwave.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high, add the coconut oil. Once heated through, add the bell pepper and saut for two minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, stirring frequently, approximately 5 minutes. Add the green onion and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the rice and garbanzo beans and stir until well combined. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until beans are heated through. Turn off the heat.
- While the grain mixture is cooking, whisk the tahini, tamari, lime juice water and honey. Pour over the rice mixture, stir well to coat. Stir in the arugula and mix until arugula is wilted.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
We eat this, or a version of it, at least once a week!