Protein Power Bars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup freshly ground flaxseed
- ½ cup coconut flaked, unsweetened
- ½ cup seed butter almond, cashew, pecan or sunflower
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- ½ cup dried black figs chopped
- Pulse nuts, flaxseed, coconut, nut butter and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Add melted coconut oil to food processor along with remaining ingredients. Pulse to create a coarse and pasty mixture.
- Press mixture into an 8” x 8” glass baking dish. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- Cut into minibars and store in refrigerator or the freezer. Try not to eat all at once, you’ll be fueled for a marathon.
Just one square inch of these will restart your motors and give you that pick-up that you need. Make ahead tip: These last well all week! They are best kept in the fridge (they will be very oily at room temp), or keep in the freezer for a few months (they’ll never last that long though).