Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars
Serves: 9 bars
1 organic egg
½ cup canned pumpkin purée
¾ cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats*
¾ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
½ cup walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons cocoa nibs
*Just blend 1 cup of oats in a blender or food processor to make this if you don’t have! Measure ¾ cup from the blended oats.
1. Preheat oven to 350F and coat an 8-inch square pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, maple syrup, egg and vanilla with electric beaters until well combined.
3. Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom and beat again.
4. Finally add in the oat flour, rolled oats, almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts and cocoa nibs. Beat until just combined (don’t overmix).
5. Spoon dough into the pan and spread out until smooth and even. If dough is very sticky wet a plastic spatula and use the back of it, use wet hands, or cover in another piece of parchment and pat it down.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing (they will crumble if you cut when hot). Enjoy!
Make ahead tip: you can make these and store in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat, but let’s get real, they won’t last so long.