Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin purée canned
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour* *Just blend 1 cup of oats in a blender or food processor to make this if you don’t have! Measure ¾ cup from the blended oats.
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat an 8-inch square pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, maple syrup, egg and vanilla with electric beaters until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom and beat again.
- Finally add in the oat flour, rolled oats, almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts and cocoa nibs. Beat until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Spoon dough into the pan and spread out until smooth and even. If dough is very sticky, wet a plastic spatula and use the back of it, use wet hands, or cover in another piece of parchment and pat it down.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing (they will crumble if you cut when hot). Enjoy!
Make ahead tip: You can make these and store in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat, but let’s get real, they won’t last so long. Makes: 8 bars