Quick Chicken Chimichurri
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh Italian parsley coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 5 green onions coarsely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast cutlets or pounded chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a food processor or blender, mix all the ingredients except for the chicken. Pulse until smooth.
- Add chicken cutlets to the baking sheet and spoon the chimichurri sauce on top of each piece, flipping and making sure it is well coated on both sides.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until chicken is done. Juices should run clear. Serve with your favorite veggie side.
The abundant herbs in this chimichurri recipe are a wonderful way to add some fresh flavor (and immune boosting properties) to your meals year round. Make ahead tip: Make the chimichurri in advance and keep in the fridge for a week. Leftover chicken can be used in salads for lunch.