Raspberry + Cream Breakfast Cake
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 5 eggs yolks only
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk, extra for drizzling
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup raspberries (or any berry!), lightly mashed with a fork
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks until pale and thick (about 2-3 minutes), then add the honey, oil, milk and lemon juice and beat for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Fill two large ramekins (about 4”) or small bowls about ⅔ of the way full, it will over ow if it’s too full. Place them on top of a baking sheet.
- Place berry pieces evenly on top of the batter in each ramekin, gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes or until the cake springs back some when touched. Keep an eye as the baking time will vary based on the size of your ramekin. Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with a little drizzle of coconut milk.
Pro-tip: You’ll note this recipe calls for egg yolks (not whites), and we don’t like anything to go to waste! Left over raw egg whites can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to four days, scramble those bad boys up! You can also freeze them if you want to store longer.