- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- ginger 1 inch knob, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups organic broth vegetable or chicken
- 2 bunches watercress or spinach, any thick stems trimmed
- 1 lemon cut in wedges for serving
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, green onion, ginger until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and greens, cooking for 2-3 minutes longer. Serve with fresh lemon - it’s that simple.
Did somebody say detox? Well this soup will bring you right back to earth, it’s that good for you. Make ahead tip: This soup can be made in advance. This soup stores beautifully in the fridge for 5 days or the freezer for months.