Roasted Cauliflower With Olives & Tahini
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh at-leaf parsley chopped
- ¼ cup creamy tahini dressing see Creamy Tahini Dressing recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil until well coated, then add cumin and sea salt and toss again.
- Spread out the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning once, until the edges are brown and caramelized.
- When finished, gently mix the warm cauliflower with the dressing until well coated. Add the currants, olives, and parsley and stir to combine. Taste and add more dressing or salt, if desired.
A simple twist on roasted cauliflower, the flavors added by the olives and currants give it a delicious savory and sweet profile. Cauliflower is an incredible food, it directly supports the body’s detox system, its antioxidant system, and its inflammatory/ anti-inflammatory system, thus making it a highly cancer preventative food. Make ahead tip: Keep the creamy tahini dressing in your food prep lineup for the week and this recipe only takes 10 minutes to throw in the oven.