Roasted Tomato + Avocado Soup
- 2 cucumbers large, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado large ripe
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ tsp sea salt + extra to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper + extra to taste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 dried ancho chilies or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Blend all of the soup ingredients except for the water in a powerful blender until smooth, thinning with ½ cup of water slowly to get a consistency you prefer (some may want thicker while others thinner).
- In skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the dried chili, stirring until the chili is coated in oil and heated through.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium low heat, stirring a few times, until the tomatoes soften. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate out your prepared soup then top with roasted tomatoes, more dried chili flakes, lime slices, and any other herbs you like.
This is a cool/room temperature soup, but feel free to heat it up in a saucepan if you want something warming! Make Ahead tip: The soup and the tomatoes can be made in advance, simply keep them separate and reheat tomatoes before serving! This lasts well in the fridge for 3-4 days, best not to freeze.