Rosemary Garlic Chicken
- 4 lb organic chicken whole
- 1 head of garlic cloves peeled and chopped (do this in processor if easier!)
- 2 sprigs rosemary stemmed and leaves chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Rinse chicken with cold water, pat dry, then pat dry again. You want the chicken to have no water on it!
- Lay the chicken on a baking sheet or cooking tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Pat this mixture over the entire outside of the chicken, and any leftover in the cavity.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes at 425° F, then reduce the heat to 375° F, baking another hour or until thermometer reaches 180° F (you’ll need to reduce this time with a smaller chicken!)
- Let the bird stand 5-10 minutes and carve. Enjoy with your favorite sides!
Simple, garlicky, and oh so satisfying.