Salmon & Kale Caesar Salad
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for massaging the kale
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups lacinato kale, leaves torn into smaller, bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing (we like primal kitchen’s paleo caesar dressing)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
Optional topping: parmesan cheese (for those that can tolerate dairy) or a hard goat cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium high heat (butter gives the salmon a stellar crust). Season each filet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and place in the skillet skin-side up. Cook undisturbed for 5 minuets, the flip, cooking for another 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, massage the kale with olive oil. Blend the dressing with avocado, chives, and parsley, and toss the kale with the dressing.
- Place the salmon over a bed of kale, pour a little more dressing over each filet, squeeze the lemon over top.