Salt + Vinegar Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar ( + more if you want stronger flavor)
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheated the oven to 375° F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and dry them. Slice them thin (a mandoline works very well here!)
- Combine vinegar, olive oil and salt in a ziploc bag or bowl. Add potato slices and mix around to evenly coat slices. If there’s extra marinade set it aside - you can use to flavor the cooked potatoes. Let them marinate while oven is preheating.
- Lay the sweet potato slices on a non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined sheet in a single layer so they don’t overlap. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you want to use them.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then flip over and bake until crispy but not fully brown, about 5 more minutes -they will crisp up more when they cool a bit. Brush with leftover marinade if desired, and/or add a bit more salt. These little guys hit the spot!
These are an oldie but a goodie. Salt and vinegar...makes our mouth water just saying it. They’re easy and seriously hit that chip craving. Our favorite pairing is to dip these with some guacamole and a touch of hot sauce. These are best enjoyed fresh or the day of making.