Savory Brown Rice Bowl
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups spinach or arugula
- 1 tbsp yellow or white miso
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- hot sauce optional
- Fill a large, shallow saucepan with one inch of water and bring to a gentle boil. Add salt and vinegar to water. Crack each egg into a small ramekin or bowl and gently ease it into the water. You can do all 4 in a larger pan or in two batches in a medium pan.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and poach eggs for 5 minutes. Remove each egg with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels, set aside.
- Reheat the rice on the stove or in the microwave then add to a large bowl. Stir the greens, miso, tamari, green onion, and garlic powder into the hot rice until well combined. Taste the rice and add a dash more tamari if needed.
- Divide the rice in 2 portions and place 2 poached eggs on top of each serving. Garnish with the sesame seeds and hot sauce, if desired, and enjoy!
Re-think your morning by utilizing staples in the kitchen for a savory breakfast. This will provide all the fiber, protein and healthy fats you need to get a killer start on your day. Plus, you’ll feel like a kitchen sensai. Make ahead tip: While you can poach eggs in advance, we like them best fresh. Keep a batch of cooked brown rice (or other grain) on hand to make this meal come together in a snap.