Seared Mushroom Toasts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms wiped clean and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms any other variety: chanterelle, shitake, oyster
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- ¼ cup herbed hummus see recipe - or use store bought hummus
- 4 slices paleo bread see recipe
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Add the coconut oil or ghee to a skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the mushrooms 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Be mindful not to stir too much, the less you stir the more caramelized the mushrooms will be.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, start to toast the paleo bread.
- Add in the sliced garlic cloves to the mushroom mixture and cook for another 2 minutes. When finished remove from heat.
- Spread a generous layer of hummus on each slice of the bread. Spoon the cooked mushrooms over the hummus and garnish with parsley and sea salt.
- Recipe by Body Nourish
We've got a thing with mushrooms. They pack a meaty flavor in such a delicate vegetable, plus, they arm you with a tough immune system. Whip these up and add some hummus to liven up paleo bread, or any toast, rice cracker that is in your personal rotation.