- 7 medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup sesame seeds toasted, + 2 tablespoons, separated
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with hot water for 10 minutes. Reserve the soaking liquid.
- Place all the ingredients, except the soaking liquid and the 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, in the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Use the soaking liquid from the dates to thin the dressing to desired consistency; we use about 2 tablespoons of the liquid.
- Stir the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds into the dressing and serve. A great dip to encourage your kids to eat more veggies, but also a delicious dip for fish or chicken tenders.