Shrimp Pad Thai
- 1 tbsp coconut oil + 3 tsp , divided - or ghee
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp tamari or coconut aminos
- ½ white onion skins removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas thinly sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 2 cups spaghetti squash noodles see Spaghetti Squash Noodles recipe
- Spicy Thai Dressing optional, see Spicy Thai Dressing recipe
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds optional
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- Heat a large saute pan to medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon or more of coconut oil. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper then sauté each side for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate, tented with aluminum foil (this step is optional - you can replace with chicken or keep this a vegetarian dish!)
- Crack and whisk eggs in a small bowl with the tamari or coconut aminos.
- Heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil or ghee in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, pour in the eggs and let cover the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid, letting the eggs set, approximately 3 minutes. Slide the egg ‘pancake’ out of the pan and cut into thin strips.
- Using same pan, add the remaining oil or ghee to the pan. Sauté the onion, snap peas and carrots, stirring until just tender, about two minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, shrimp and egg to the pan until everything is mixed and heated through.
- Add the Spicy Thai dressing, sun flower seeds and green onion to the pan and mix until everything is warm and coated. Serve while warm and garnish with a squeeze of lime.
We have a chicken pad thai recipe that was so dang good, we had to have another, but with a seafood twist. This meal is packed with protein, antioxidants from the squash and veggies and plenty of flavor. Pro-tip: If you love spaghetti squash noodles, roast 2 to keep in the fridge and have on hand. Having those + the dressing ready will make this recipe a cinch. Make ahead tip: Prep the dressing and spaghetti squash ahead of time and this recipe will be ready in no time.