Shrimp with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- avocado oil refined coconut oil or ghee for sautéing
- 2 onions chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves grated on a zester
- 2-3 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2 lbs shrimp shelled and deveined
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper or to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the oil and allow to warm up.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeno pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the parsley and chilis flakes, continuing to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp, lime juice, salt and pepper and cook until shrimp are an opaque color. You will have to flip the shrimp once to cook them evenly.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
Looking for a simple, yet flavor packed dish? Look no further. Feel free to adjust the spice level on this to your preference. We loved this served with rice! Recipe by: Breez Kitchen!