Slow Cooker Sausage Kale Soup
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 64 oz chicken stock or broth, about 8 cups
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1 lb sage sausage
- In a large skillet or pot, cook sausage over medium heat while breaking into pieces. Once brown, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Drain fat from pan, leaving about 1 tbsp.
- Cook garlic, onion, carrots and celery in reserved fat for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer veggies into a slow cooker, add stock, pepper, salt and stir in sausage.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Add kale to the slow cooker about 10 minutes before serving.
- Portion soup into bowls, season with additional salt and pepper.
Packed with flavor and veggies, this 10-ingredient slow cooker soup is grain-free, easy to whip up and tastes delicious! Special shout out to Eating Bird Food for this amazing recipe!